Friday, December 10, 2010

Back to the Real World

It's never easy coming home from vacation, but it was particularly difficult for me to go from sunny Las Vegas to 10 degrees and snowy in Cincinnati.  I also seemed to have brought back a nasty cold with me.  To cheer me up, I've been looking at some of my trip photos and thought I'd share some with you.

Sporting my Rock N Roll Las Vegas marathon t-shirt after the race. 

One of my favorite places in Vegas - The Wine Cellar at the Rio. 

A beautiful Christmas tree at the Aria.

A random guy at Caesar's Palace who was dressed as Santa Claus, with a (real) monkey, who was also dressed as Santa.  Seriously.  Only in Vegas.

Fancy-pants dinner at N9ne Steakhouse.  Great dinner, but Jeff Ruby's is still better.

Surrounded by penguins at the Bellagio!  First monkeys, now penguins! (It's a real zoo out there.)

While I planned a lot of the trip in advance, sometimes the best things are the ones you just stumble into.  I found out while heading up the elevator to do zip lining on Fremont St. (no pictures, unfortunately), that Louis Prima Jr. and his swing band were playing a free concert! It was a great show... it would have been his father's 100th birthday.

Mount Charleston. It was 70 degrees in Vegas that afternoon, but a 30-minute drive up the mountain and there was snow on the ground.  I am amazed by this phenomenon.

What a festive intersection!  I wonder if Santa lives there?

Or maybe this little guy?

Readers:  How do you adjust to reality again after a vacation?

No comments: