Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wedding Recap

It couldn't have been a more lovely weekend for a wedding; I can't believe it was seventy degrees and sunny in November in Cincinnati!  But enough about the weather.  Let's skip right to the most important part first... guess who caught the bouquet?

Yeah, it was me!  (All my years of playing flag football are finally paying off.)

Backing up a little, here's a recap of the weekend with pictures:

On Thursday I picked up some new shoes for my bridesmaid dress and they were of the open-toe variety. I may or may not have purposely opted for the open-toed shoes so that I would need a reason to go get a pedicure:
Purple toenails to match purple dress: check.  Half hour in a massage chair: bliss.

After my glorious pedicure, it was time for the rehearsal. All went well except for one small snag.  The priest had an emergency and was an hour late. He later apologized and explained that he was "taking care of the bishop."  While it sure sounded like a euphamism for something dirty (and was the source of inside jokes throughout the weekend), for the sake of respect, I am going to go ahead and assume that there is an actual bishop who is ill, and that the priest was in fact tending to him.

Rehearsal dinner was a ton of fun, and typical of the non-traditional Jenn and Shane, included a fajita bar and a couple games of cornhole.  While we were having a great time, we all had to get home early for the big day.  Friday's hair appointment for me and Adrienne (another bridesmaid) was scheduled for 10 a.m., and we were running a little late.  Luckily, we were able to explain away our tardiness by letting everyone know we were "taking care of the bishop." 

Adrienne and I got the day started off right:

My hair turned out amazing!


Jenn's dress was gorgeous - here she is getting tied into it by bridesmaid Meg:

We got photos with the bridal party, and then had a little time to kill while the family photos were being taken, so...
...we tailgated in the parking lot of the church, because we're classy like that.

The ceremony was lovely, but after an hour in a stuffy church, we were all itching  to get our party on.  It was my brother Nick's birthday, and while we had joked about putting candles on Jenn and Shane's wedding cake, Jenn ended up getting Nick a special birthday cupcake.  Here's me, the birthday boy and my sister-in-law Amy:

(Yeah, once I caught that bouquet, I would not put it down.) 

And one last pic - our whole WP crew (including the bride):


What a great night of celebrating with great friends!  I'll certainly never forget it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all (even the bishop apparently!) LOL

Beautiful pictures!